Saturday, July 18, 2009

A rose by any other name -PTU



A rose by any other name PTU

This tutorial was written on July 18, 2009 by Shani aka Wicked Princess. The concept of the tag is mine and mine alone. Any resemblance to any other tag/tut is pure coincidence. This was written for those with working knowledge of PSP.
Supplies Needed:

++Paint Shop Pro ( I used 10 but any version should work)


++Scrap kit by Stargazer Musings called My love, My life can be purchased HERE

++Tube of choice or the one I used. I used the artwork of Jamie Kidd. You can purchase her work HERE


++Plug ins:

~Eye Candy 4000-Gradient Glow (optional for font)
~Muera Meister Copies

++Font and Mask of choice

**NOTES:
-Add Drop shadow of choice as you go
-You can merger layers as you want to make things easier for yourself.


Open several papers of choice, resizing as needed. For example, when I look at the blue bar where it tells me what I’ve opened (say like paper 2) it tells me what percentage I’m viewing it at. For me it’s usually 16%, so I resize to 16% bringing it to 100%. ( I hope that made sense!) Once you’ve done this, minimize for later use.


Open a new canvas of 600x600, remember you can always resize later if you like. Flood fill with your choice of paper. Add your mask and merge group.


Next open your choice of scalloped frame. Resize it then copy and paste as a new layer. Using your magic wand tool, click inside the frame and expand by 3. Add a new raster layer and flood fill with your choice of paper. Go to selections, none.

Open your choice of flower that has the bows on it. Resize then copy and paste as a new layer into the center of your canvas. Use your plug in muera meister copies and set the shift x and y to 60. you can use as many as you want for the number of flowers. Click ok and adjust as you need to. This will sit on top of the scalloped frame.

Next open the wrap bow of your choice, I chose one with the belle flowers coming out of it. Copy and paste tit towards the bottom of the frame. Add a large flower of your choice to either end of the bow. Erase the parts of the bow you don’t want seen from behind the flower.

Add your tube of choice, moving it under the bow layer, and adjust as needed.

Choose a butterfly you like and add several through out the tag as you like.

Finally add your text, copyrights, license number and tagger markings.

Save and your done!

Thank you for trying my tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment