Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter Giggles PTU




This tutorial was written on December 5, 2009 Shani aka Wicked Princess. The concept of the tag is mine and mine alone. Any resemblance to any other tag/tut is pure coincidence. This was written for those with working knowledge of PSP.
Supplies Needed:

++Paint Shop Pro ( I used 10 but any version should work)

++Scrap kit by Tishia called Winter Dreams can be found HERE

++Template105 by Ali can be found HERE

++Tube of choice or the one I used. I used the artwork of Suzanne Wolctoot you can purchase her work HERE

++Plug ins:

-Gradient Glow

**NOTES:
-Add Drop shadow of choice as you go
-You can merger layers as you want to make things easier for yourself.


Open the template in PSP, using your shortcut keys on your keyboard (SHIFT+D) duplicate the template as a new image. Close the original.

Open several papers of choice, resizing as needed. For example, when I look at the blue bar where it tells me what I’ve opened (say like paper 2) it tells me what percentage I’m viewing it at. For me it’s usually 16%, so I resize to 16% bringing it to 100%. ( I hope that made sense!) Once you’ve done this, minimize for later use.

Next go to the bottom template layer and go to selections, select all, then float, selections defloat. Add a gradient glow of your choosing. Don’t forget to go to selections, none then delete the template layer. Repeat this process for the rest of the template. **Note I deleted the word art layer as I didn’t need it.

Add a new raster layer and move it to the bottom of the palette. Flood fill with your choice of paper. Add your mask and merge the group.


Open the knotted ribbon you like. Resize then copy and paste as a new layer. Move it to below the snowflake layers.

Then open your tube of choice and resize it. Copy and paste as a new layer into the center of the tag.

Next open the tree, resize then copy and paste as a new layer. Move to the left of the tag. Add several ribbons and buttons to the branches, arranging as you like.

Open the snow globe and resize it. Copy and paste as a new layer and move it to the bottom of the tree.

Now open the tag of your choosing, resize then copy and paste as a new layer. Move it to the upper right of the tag, adding a binder clip to the top of it. Place a bird of your choice to the right side of it.

Next open the sled, resize it then copy and paste as a new layer. Copy and paste it as a new layer, and angle it . Move to the right of the tag. Duplicate it and angle it the other way.

Open the snow man and the penguin. Resize both then copy and paste as new layers in front of the sleds.

Now add your text, copyrights, license info and tagger markings. Save and your done!

Thank you for trying my tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment